Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Photo: Baby Moyzan

I visited a friend out in Saylorsburg this past weekend for a small poolside grill-fest and several bottles of Summer Ale, Sol, and Lion's Head. This lovely baby girl is just under a year old and a reminder that all my friends are growing up without me. In my defense, these particular group of friends, save two of them, are several years older. But I admit, I'm growing fonder of slightly quieter Saturday nights. But that is a musing for another day.

Nothing complicated done for this photo...I used a fixed 85mm f/1.8 lens, shot wide open. As for composition, I just wanted something basic and flattering. I was more concerned with coaxing a smile from the baby, and keeping my slightly less than sober hands from wavering. I adjusted the black levels, highlights, shadows, warmed up the white balance, and upped the contrast to taste. I think I also adjusted the saturation and luminance levels of the greens/yellows/oranges/reds.

If you're interested in seeing a few more, please check out the album on Facebook.

No comments: